Monday, August 12, 2013

Keeping it in the Family

My daughter, Kelly and her husband, Brad celebrated their second wedding anniversary this past July and my hubby and I took them out to dinner this past Saturday night to celebrate.



We had a wonderful evening together and a great dinner at a local restaurant in Metairie called "Cafe B".  If you are in the neighborhood, I highly recommend their BBQ oyster appetizer.  They are also served at their sister restaurant, Red Fish Grill in New Orleans. 

(Here is where the photo of the oysters would have gone if they hadn't gotten gobbled up so quickly!)

Kelly and I planned ahead of time that while I was in town we would makeover a piece of furniture that had been handed down to her and Brad from his mother and father.  She was so excited to receive the piece because she was already looking for something similar.  Getting a piece like she wanted and one that was already in the family made it that much better!

Our latest victim of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!



top half only

The week before I got there, she spent time in the evening after getting off of work, painting it in Old White so that when I got there, all that was left was the waxing! (That's all...haha)



She was so excited to get started that she didn't remember to take a before picture of the whole piece so you will have to use your imagination on what the bottom half looked like before!




Here'a a look at the top half Before & After being painted!

annie sloan


Her husband suggested adding a color to the inside back panel and she chose Coco.  They were both really pleased with how it turned out.


This piece was by far, the largest Annie Sloan project that she and I have undertaken but knew that it was going to be a great piece once it was complete.



I have to apologize for the quality of the pictures.  The weather is soooo hot here that when I left my camera out in the trunk of the car, it fried my memory card and I didn't have another card with me! 

I can't wait to see what she is going to put inside!  I'm sure she has lots of great ideas and once it's filled with pretties I will take some pictures with my camera and share with you.  I'm thinking it won't be long before it's picture perfect ready!

Have a great day!

Kim





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whew, what a project, but as usual the finished look is perfect!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Nene. You are always so complimentary of our work (which helps to keep me motivated to do more)!

Kim