Monday, June 17, 2013

June Mini Challenge

Last week I talked about taking the month of June off from a BIG monthly challenge and instead maybe doing a couple of mini challenges.

Since hurricane season started this month and there has been a lot of violent weather this past year, I thought it would be good to conduct an "Emergency Preparedness Challenge".

I found a lot of really good tips on the internet and wanted to share a few of them with you here.

Wish I could take credit for this "puppy" but I would be remiss if I didn't share Toni @ A Bowlful of Lemons outstanding work.


She even developed an e-book and printables kit for $10 to help you set up your own Emergency Preparedness Station.




Another site that I found was for my own state of Louisiana. I would recommend searching the internet for your state's guide to preparing for disasters.


This guide offers great tips on preparation for disasters for family & pets.  It has checklists for supplies and even a Hurricane Tracking Chart and Recovery Assistance.





Lastly, I came across this one from American Red Cross.  If you don't have the time to put an emergency kit together yourself, you may want to consider purchasing something like this for yourself and each family member.


Let's do this!  

Let's get ourselves prepared for emergencies and/or disasters that will hopefully never strike. 

It's kind of like insurance, when you need it, you will really be glad that you had it and if you don't, you will really regret that you didn't.

Are you up for the challenge?

Send me emails/pictures or just comments on this post about what you did to get yourself and your family prepared!

P.S.  In no way, have I been compensated for any of the above recommended products.

Happy Organizing!

Kim




No comments: