Monday, June 10, 2013

Home Office Reveal

So excited to finally share my Home Office Makeover with you and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out!


home office




This is a reminder of my inspirational picture that I shared with you here.



I love the soft classic look of her space and I made it my own by adding a touch of coral sporatically throughout the room.



Home Office

The pillow covers were made in about 30 minutes from a super easy tutorial that I found here on Pinterest.


Home Office






Home Office


I brought coral in on this side of the room by adding knobs, file folders, and basket liners from the same fabric as one of the pillows.  The folders were made using the same method that I used in a previous post here.





Home Office



White spray paint covered the original black framing of the pegboard, bulletin board and two of my favorite things - the gifts from my daughters for Mother's Day many years ago.




Home Office


Thanks to Melissa at The Inspired Room, I learned a super easy way to paint stripes without having bleed through of the colors.  Click here to check out the trick (and to meet her awesome buds, Jack & Lily), trust me, you will fall in love! 

Home Office


 I changed out the items that I had in my cabinet and added the jar filled with gumballs on top!

Home Office



One of the things that I loved that she did was the stenciling on the top of her table. 

Home Office




Home Office




I know everyone loves Before & Afters, so here are a few for you to enjoy!


Home Office


Home Office




before and after




Home Office makeover


I hope you have enjoyed my Home Office Makeover as much as I am enjoying living in it!!!!

Now, I want to hear what everyone else was up to last month and pictures please, of your Home Office Space! 

Since we are almost halfway into June, I thought it would be a good month to take a break from BIG challenges and maybe work on a couple of smaller ones!

I will be sharing one of those with you later this week!


Happy Organizing!

Kim


linking up to A Bowlful of Lemons, Kathe With an E







12 comments:

Unknown said...

This is amazing, it looks like a totally differebt space. I love the choices of colors, stripes, stencil, and the light fixture is awesome. You did a beautiful job!!

Kelly said...

The space is so bright and airy, which is really nice for an office space! Love the stripes and pops of coral! SOOO inspired!

Unknown said...

Wha what?!! It looks awesome!! What a calming space with even more inspiration for future creative projects I know you have in the works ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks Nene! Glad you love all of my choices!

Kim

Unknown said...

Thanks Kelly! SOOOO glad you are inspired by my space!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Shannon! You will have to come visit soon and we can work on a project together in this very calming space!

Unknown said...

Definitely!!

Unknown said...

It's so beautiful! And that coral accent choice is absolute perfection.

Jessica said...

I love the peg board idea! And the colors of the room work so well together! =)

Unknown said...

Thanks Melissa! For some reason, this just showed up or I just found your comment. I loved adding the coral color to this room. I just felt it needed a POP of color!

Thanks for stopping by (back in June)!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Jessica! I used the pegboard when I had the room arranged differently so I knew it was one piece that had to stay ? I didn't want to but another one so I just painted it white. Glad you liked it.

Thanks for stopping by!

Kim

Oscar Hunt said...

You really took that office space inspiration seriously and glad it turned out very well.