Thursday, March 14, 2013

Paint Storage – Part Two


Yesterday, I left off with cutting way down on my paint inventory and the task of determining new storage for what paint remained.

Lucky for me, I found this great post over at http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com and I couldn’t wait to get started! 

I downloaded (for free I might add) her printable Paint Project Color Reference chart that I used to list all the paint colors I'm keeping.  This will work as a great cross referencing tool! 


I knew I had several gallon cans that would have to stay as is and I would continue to store them in the garage (just a lot less of them).  For the smaller cans, and those with little paint left in them, I wanted to do something different. 

So, once again, thanks to Pinterest and Jen at iheartorganizing, the answer was already there for me.  Mason jars!!!


Now I just needed labels!  Bummer for me that I don’t own a Silhouette Cameo machine to make colorful labels like hers to go on top of the jars!

So, I had to get a little creative.  My first thought was that I wanted something fancier than a plain circle to make my labels, so I quickly jumped in my car and ran to Jo-Ann’s.  I purchased this large punch for $17.99 (yikes), but justifying it (kinda), I bought it anyway. 


As I was heading home, it hit me!  Avery labels!  I u-turned and headed to Office Depot and there they were – just waiting for me to take them home.  Oh yeah, the good news – with my Office Rewards card I got them for $10.49!  Woo hoo!!! 



Of course, they were plain round, but by adding a template they took on a totally different look.

I could not get over how simple they were to make!  I went to avery.com/print and the rest is self-explanatory!



All that was left was the pouring and disposing of the empty cans!  Since I was by myself for this part, I don’t have any pictures to share, but let me just tell you – I was enjoying every little minute of it!

And why wouldn’t I? 





I could not wait until I had finished all of my jars, to snap a photo!



All of the colors are easy to see and as Jen said,  easy to keep clean!

As for the large punch, that will be going back to the store today!
 
Hope everyone is having a great day and working hard to get their garages in order!

No comments: