Thursday, March 21, 2013

Annie Sloan Strikes Again


On a recent shopping excursion with two sisters a couple of weeks ago, I came across a sample size of Annie Sloan Coco chalk paint and fell in love with the color.  Not knowing what I was going to use it on, I bought it anyway and knew it would be put to good use one day!

Coco
source


While I was taking a short break from the garage and suppose to be relaxing for a minute, I couldn’t help but zone in on a small table in my dining room.



You may have noticed this table before in a previous post here.  The size of the table is perfect for this small wall but the color has always bothered me. 

That was when my relax time shifted from the sofa to the table.  Annie Sloan painting is so easy and quick that, to me I justify it as relaxing!!  Why do I play such head games with myself!

The first thing I did was wipe the table down just to make sure there was no dust on the table. 

Then I put the first coat on the table and drawer and waited about 30 minutes and then applied the second coat.



It was several hours before I got back to the table, but not necessary to wait that long.

After the paint was good and dry, I decided to try sanding the handle as well as several edges to give it a distressed look.



I applied the soft wax followed by the dark wax with my new Annie Sloan Medium size brush.  I think it makes a big difference in applying the wax!



I store playing cards in the little drawer and sometimes when one or more of my sisters are in town, we play a lot of cards.   It was one of my Mom’s favorite pastimes and I often think of her when going to this table to grab the cards.  I think she would have loved the table!





Anyone else taking a break from the garage?  What are you up to instead?

Have a great day!! 

No comments: